Marrying the look of and technical attributes of cork, with the durability of a high-traffic commercial finish, ComCork™ provides a sustainable flooring option that not on excels in the categories of thermal and acoustic performance, but withstands the traffic and wear of the most rigorous interior environments.
Harvested from bark of Cork Oak trees in Portugal where forests are protected and environmental conditions are optimal for cork growth, the cork effectively self-propagates at a 9 year cycle. The cork itself has tremendous natural properties, a function largely related to the cellular structure of the bark. Pockets of air (200 million cells per cubic inch) inhibit the passage of sound, moisture, or gases, and act as a thermal insulator, trapping body heat underfoot. In addition, cork is anti-microbial, has tremendous “bounce-back” properties and forgiveness, and offers one of the greatest slip resistances of any natural material. ComCork™ marries the inherent properties of cork, with the unmatched surface protection offered by its’ commercial grade vinyl topcoat into a product that can be installed in multiple variants.
- 15-year Commercial warranty (Class 33 ‘wear-resistance”)
- Unmatched acoustic values (IIC rating – 75dB; STC rating – 66 dB)
- Provides natural thermal insulation
- Inherently extremely slip-resistant, and comfortable to walk upon
- Made with low-VOC components (E1 CARB-compliance)
12”x 36” x 7/16”
22.99 sq. ft.
Micro-bevel on all sides with NO aluminum oxide
- Acoustic cork backer, HDF core, cork wear layer, vinyl top-coat face
- Square-edged w/ Interlocking (Unilin) fastening (w/ waxed edges)
Proprietary nano-ceramic vinyl
Glue-down, or Float
- MR 4 (Recycled Content (100% recycled, post-industrial content)
- MRc6 – Rapidly Renewable Materials
- IEQc4.4 – Low Emitting Materials – NAUF
Associated applicable points based on installation:
- IEQc4.1 – Low Emitting Materials: Adhesives and Sealants
- IEQ 4.2 – Low Emitting Materials: Paints and Coatings