Embracing the natural look of cork, processed in a multitude of exceptional and unique visuals, Ceramicork™ Tiles provide a sustainable flooring option that is excellent for joint impact resistance, sound absorption, and warmth, while be suitable in applications from residential to light/medium commercial.
Harvested from bark of Cork Oak trees in Portugal where forests are protected and environmental conditions are optimal for cork growth, the cork effectively self-propagates at a 9 year cycle. The cork itself has tremendous natural properties, a function largely related to the cellular structure of the bark. Pockets of air (200 million cells per cubic inch) inhibit the passage of sound, moisture, or gases, and act as a thermal insulator, trapping body heat underfoot. In addition, cork is anti-microbial, has tremendous “bounce-back” properties and forgiveness, and offers one of the greatest slip resistances of any natural material.
- Suitable in residential to light/medium commercial applications (due to high abrasion resistance of ‘nano-ceramic’ coating)
- High acoustic values (Impact Sound Reduction - 15dB)
- Easy ‘glue-down’ installation
- Inherently extremely slip-resistant, and comfortable to walk upon
- Made with low-VOC components (E1 CARB-compliance)
- 300mm x 600mm x 6mm (approximately 12”x 24” x ¼”)
- Other sizes available by special order: 12”x12”, 18”24”
Proprietary ‘nano-ceramic’ urethane
- MR 4 - Recycled Content- 100% recycled, post-industrial
- MR 6 - Rapidly Renewable Material
- IEQ 4.4 - Low Emitting Material
Associated applicable points based on installation:
- IEQc4.1 – Low Emitting Materials: Adhesives and Sealants
- IEQc4.2 – Low Emitting Materials: Paints and Coatings