Carbonized Horizontal bamboo
Bamboo is a grass that is highly renewable and plentiful. It grows up to 60’ in the first couple months, after which we leave it to internally mature until it is harvested between 5-8 years (many companies do not do this, sacrificing hardness). It is extremely stable, harder than many commonly used woods, and installs and is maintained like “traditional” hardwoods. The millwork material is all available in panel forms that can be put to use by a carpenter or millworker in a variety of applications.
- Harder than oak, and over twice (2x) the stability.
- Available in Carbonized and Natural shades.
- Numerous options to compliment any project or design.
- All products made with low-VOC adhesives.
- We offer different thicknesses for the perfect aesthetic.
- Available in unfinished, solid bamboo material (except 1/8” material).
- Solid: veneer, ¼”, ½”, ¾”, 1”, 1.5”
- Engineered: 1/8”
- Hardness: 1600 psi JANKA avg.
- FINISH: unfinished for use in most projects
- LEED Pts:
- MR 6 (Rapidly Renewable Material)
- IEQ 4.4 (Low Emitting Material)
- Also achievable with installation:
- IEQ 4.1 (Low Emitting Materials: Adhesives and Sealants)
- IEQ 4.2 (Low Emitting Materials: Paints and Coatings)
- INSTALL (gen.): depends on project