Light Commercial Residential
Embracing the look of cork and the stability of ceramic, Ceramicork™ Plank provides a sustainable flooring option that is excellent for joint impact resistance, sound absorption, and warmth.
Harvested from bark of Cork Oak trees in Portugal where forests are protected and environmental conditions are optimal for cork growth, the cork effectively self-propagates at a 9 year cycle. The cork itself has tremendous natural properties, a function largely related to the cellular structure of the bark. Pockets of air (200 million cells per cubic inch) inhibit the passage of sound, moisture, or gases, and act as a thermal insulator, trapping body heat underfoot. In addition, cork is anti-microbial, has tremendous “bounce-back” properties and forgiveness, and offers one of the greatest slip resistances of any natural material. Ceramicork™ Planks marry the inherent properties of cork, and the extremely wear resistant ‘nano-ceramic’ coating into an easy to install floating floor plank.
- The proprietary ‘nano-ceramic’ finish provides much greater wear resistance (5 times) than standard cork tiles and planks, which in turn decreases visual ‘wear’ and the need for professional maintenance and refinishing.
- Natural and organic wax coating applied to all sides of the tongue and groove, providing added moisture resilience
- Sound absorbent (helps muffle sound between floors)
- Provides thermal insulation
- Unmatched Impact forgiveness (soft yet resilient; great surface for achy joints)
- Inherently extremely slip-resistant
- Made with low-VOC components (CARB-compliant (E0))
300mm x 900mm x 12mm (approximately 12”x 36” x 7/16”)
- Acoustic cork backer, HDF core, cork wear layer
- Square-edged w/ Interlocking (Unilin) fastening (w/ waxed edges)
22.99 sq. ft.
Seven coats of a water-based urethane with embedded ceramic nano-particles
Floating "click-lock" profile
- MR 4 - Recycled Content- 100% recycled, post-industrial
- MR 6 - Rapidly Renewable Material
- IEQ 4.4 - Low Emitting Material
Associated applicable points based on installation:
- IEQc4.1 – Low Emitting Materials: Adhesives and Sealants
- IEQc4.2 – Low Emitting Materials: Paints and Coatings